It’s time to catch up on the week that was in philatelic insights and news.
Linn's Stamp News is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. 24¢ Jenny Invert in Michael E. Aldrich auction at Aripex show: The show is taking place Feb. 20-22 at the Mesa Convention Center.
4. Searching for an upright Jenny Invert pane? Try high-volume post offices for better luck: The USPS has given away three upright Jenny Invert panes to three randomly selected individuals.
3. USPS files for rate increases: Prices for the second ounce of domestic letters and postcards would increase by 1¢ and 1-ounce international letters by 5¢.
2. Gross revealed as upright Jenny pane buyer in ‘CBS Sunday Morning’ stamp hobby report: The upright $2 Jenny Invert pane was discovered last year by David and Gail Robinson and sold at auction for more than $51,000.
1. ‘CBS Sunday Morning’ highlighting stamps: Senior correspondent Rita Braver spoke with Linn’s Stamp News about her experience of getting familiar with the hobby and those who love it.
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, Jan. 16, and 11:29 a.m. Friday, Jan. 23.