It’s time to catch up on the week that was in stamp-collecting insights and news.
Linn's Stamp News is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. Dollar-Sign Stamps: Eagle, moon popular on early Express Mail stamps: Among the more eye-catching United States postage stamps with high denominations are those that have been issued to pay basic rates for Express Mail service.
4. Medal of Honor series adds Air Force medal in pane of 24: Three forever stamps honoring Medal of Honor recipients from the Vietnam War will be issued May 25 during a first-day ceremony in Washington, D.C.
3. 1¢ Magenta owner’s identity to be revealed; stamp will be shown in D.C., Monaco, N.Y.: The stamp will be exhibited in the William H. Gross Stamp Gallery at the Smithsonian’s National Postal Museum in Washington, D.C., beginning June 4.
2. Some USPS rates set to increase May 31: The approval came May 7 after the commission forced postal officials to twice revise their proposed increases to advertising mail, packages and periodical rates.
1. 2015 70¢ Vintage Tulip sold out; new denomination possible: The stamp has been taken off sale in full panes of 20, blocks of 10 and blocks of four.
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, May 8, and 10:34 a.m. ET Friday, May 15.