1. Royal Mail trending
'Royal Mail' is a trending topic on Twitter Thursday morning following the announcement that the UK government will sell off its remaining stake in the postal service.
RELATED: Royal Mail to be fully privatized after UK government sells stake
Twitter is full of critical opinions, including these:
- @JonathanArnott: "I oppose the Royal Mail sell-off. It's a natural monopoly and should have been kept as such."
- @DavidSchneider: "In this week's We're All In It Together, George's hedgefund pals get more of Royal Mail while the vulnerable and ill prepare for more cuts."
- @chrisplettuce: "If the government sells it's remaining 30% stake in @RoyalMail no doubt to wealthy cronies is it still entitled to be called 'Royal' Mail?"
- @TheJVoice: "The rest of the Royal Mail to be sold off is hardly a surprise but it certainly isn't right. Job losses inevitable and service will slip"
As of 9:42 a.m. ET, 5,043 Twitter users were tweeting about the topic.
2. Big reveal
The National Postal Museum announced June 4 the identity of the owner of the 1856 British Guiana 1¢ Magenta that was purchased for $9.5 million in 2014.
3. Yesterday's most-viewed post