By Joe O’Donnell
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in stamp-collecting insights and news.
Linn’s Stamp News is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week.
Click the links to read the stories.
5. And the winner of the 2017 APS single-frame Champion of Champions is ... : The winner was chosen from among 21 exhibits that received single-frame grand awards from APS national shows over the past year.
4. Issue dates for upcoming U.S. stamps revealed: Issue dates for upcoming United States stamps were revealed March 13 by the U.S. Postal Service, along with locations where ceremonies are planned.
3. Sorting out the markets for 3¢ George Washington stamps: Several years ago, the Scott editors broke the 1851 issue down into type I and type II. One is much scarcer than the other.
2. The controversy in Iran over a religious-themed Cinema Day stamp: Iran's philatelic bureau, PhilaIran, was closed after the release of a stamp showing the Madonna and Child.
1. Rogue operations at the Kansas City ‘caves’ shake the confidence of stamp collectors: A report recently provided to Linn’s uncovers a troubling operation that took place while Khalid M. Hussain was manager of the USPS Stamp Fulfillment Services center.
Connect with Linn’s Stamp News: