Gross U.S. collection auction preview: Week’s Most Read
By Molly Goad
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in stamp-collecting insights and news.
Linn’s Stamp News is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week.
Click the links to read the stories.
5. Finding old philatelic books, articles online: Inside Linn’s: Also in this issue, Canada gives thanks to its first responders, and find out if a $10 stamp buy returns eleven times in value, as advertised.
4. Whereabouts unknown for 100 years, Jenny Invert 49 surfaces: After a century out of the public eye, one of the 100 Jenny Inverts was examined by the Philatelic Foundation in New York and certified as genuine.
3. Complete the country of Kionga with one set: This week, our tipsters highlight Kionga, a country that can be completed in collections with just one set of stamps.
2. John Lennon stamp album exhibited at museum again: The “John Lennon: The Green Album,” exhibit will be on display until Feb. 3, 2019.
1. Will the Gross U.S. collection auction upend philately?: On Oct. 3, Siegel Auction Galleries will offer part 1 of “United States Treasures: the William H. Gross Collection” — a teaser sale of 106 selected lots.
Connect with Linn’s Stamp News:
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
AuctionsNov 23, 2020, 9 PM
US StampsNov 23, 2020, 4 PM
US StampsNov 20, 2020, 1 PM
Postal UpdatesNov 19, 2020, 4 PM