CBS Sunday Morning covers upright Jenny Invert, USPS wants rate increase: Week's Most Read
CBS Sunday Morning senior correspondent Rita Braver interviews outgoing Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe for a segment about stamp collecting scheduled to be broadcast Jan. 18.
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in philatelic insights and news.
Linn's Stamp News is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. 24¢ Jenny Invert in Michael E. Aldrich auction at Aripex show: The show is taking place Feb. 20-22 at the Mesa Convention Center.
4. Searching for an upright Jenny Invert pane? Try high-volume post offices for better luck: The USPS has given away three upright Jenny Invert panes to three randomly selected individuals.
3. USPS files for rate increases: Prices for the second ounce of domestic letters and postcards would increase by 1¢ and 1-ounce international letters by 5¢.
2. Gross revealed as upright Jenny pane buyer in ‘CBS Sunday Morning’ stamp hobby report: The upright $2 Jenny Invert pane was discovered last year by David and Gail Robinson and sold at auction for more than $51,000.
1. ‘CBS Sunday Morning’ highlighting stamps: Senior correspondent Rita Braver spoke with Linn’s Stamp News about her experience of getting familiar with the hobby and those who love it.
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, Jan. 16, and 11:29 a.m. Friday, Jan. 23.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
US StampsNov 15, 2019, 1 PM
AuctionsNov 15, 2019, 1 PM
Postal UpdatesNov 14, 2019, 7 PM
Postal UpdatesNov 14, 2019, 6 PM