Ten facts you should know about the U.S. Postal Service
By Colin Sallee
1. Ten facts about the USPS
Mental Floss recently posted a list of 10 things that we should know about the U.S. Postal Service.
The list includes facts such as ...
- Some routes feature mules as delivery vehicles
- There is a functional stamp cave in Kansas City, Mo.
- Dogs do actually attack postal workers (5,767 incidents involving postal employees in 2014)
2. Pitcairn, Luxembourg, Switzerland honor stamp anniversaries
“New definitive stamps from Pitcairn Islands feature stamp-on-stamp designs of its first postage stamps. Pitcairn’s stamps debuted Oct. 15, 1940, and the new definitives were issued exactly 75 years later.
“Like many subsequent stamps from Pitcairn Islands, all but three of the 10 designs in the first issue feature Pitcairn’s heritage as the remote South Pacific island settled by mutineers from HMS Bounty.”
3. Holiday features highlight Canadian stamps
“Two trios — one ages-old from the New Testament, the other newcomers born in the fertile minds of a Montreal artist and design studio — make merry and memorable Canada Post’s 2015 Christmas stamps, to be released Nov. 2.”
4. Connect with Linn's Stamp News
5. Hot topics
Have a quick look at the top three posts of the last couple of days on Linns.com:
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
World StampsAug 20, 2019, 8 PM
US StampsAug 19, 2019, 7 PM
US StampsAug 19, 2019, 4 PM
US StampsAug 19, 2019, 2 PM