Bomb parcels: Week’s Most Read
By Molly Goad
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in stamp-collecting insights and news.
Linn’s Stamp News is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week.
Click the links to read the stories.
5. Stamp illustrations appear on vintage postcards: John M. Hotchner shares three illustrations of United States stamps found on postcards from the early days of the 20th century.
4. Combining artifacts and philatelic items (Inside Linn’s): Matthew Healey explores an extraordinary collection that tells the story of the 1879 Anglo-Zulu War.
3. Tip of the week: Alexander’s Matches 1¢ Chicken stamps: If poultry is your thing, these stamps are for you.
2. Washington Stamp Exchange to close at year-end: Washington Stamp Exchange of Florham Park, N.J., a fixture of the stamp hobby for 85 years, is closing its business at the end of 2018.
1. Some bomb parcels made to look like mailing, reports say: A photograph posted by CNN shows a parcel franked with six 2017 Flag forever stamps.
Connect with Linn’s Stamp News:
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
World StampsNov 27, 2023, 12 PM
US StampsNov 24, 2023, 1 PM
World StampsNov 23, 2023, 6 PM
AuctionsNov 23, 2023, 2 PM