Jenny Invert Locket Copy sells, Paul Newman stamp announced: Week's Most Read
By Joe O'Donnell
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in stamp-collecting insights and news.
Linn's Stamp News is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. Acquiring the holy grail: Great Britain’s £5 orange Queen Victoria: When David Alderfer began collecting Great Britain stamps more than 35 years ago, the £5 orange Victoria was his ultimate desire.
4. The United States Stamp Society: a matchless resource for collectors: The deeper we United States stamp collectors get into our hobby, the more questions we have about how to tell the difference between various face-similar stamps.
3. Ingrid Bergman to grace 19th Legends of Hollywood stamp: The stamp will be issued jointly by the Postal Service and PostNord of Sweden and go on sale Aug. 20.
2. U.S. Paul Newman commemorative due out Sept. 18: The stamp will feature a 1980 photograph of Newman by Steve Schapiro.
1. Jenny Invert Locket Copy sold to Virginia coin collector: Although this was the fourth time the Locket Copy had appeared at auction, this marked the first time it was hammered down successfully.
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, June 26, and 2:19 p.m. ET Thursday, July 2.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
US StampsDec 6, 2023, 1 PM
World StampsDec 5, 2023, 5 PM
US StampsDec 5, 2023, 1 PM
World StampsDec 4, 2023, 3 PM