Coastal Birds press sheets sell out, Scott No. 5000 approaches: Week's Most Read
By Joe O'Donnell
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in stamp-collecting insights and news.
Linn's Stamp News is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week, according to reader metrics.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. A fresh issue early in the season: Summer Harvest stamps: With bold and colorful graphic designs, the United States Postal Service is celebrating America’s summer harvest on four tasty new forever stamps.
4. U.S. Coast Guard first-day ceremony at USCG headquarters in Washington: The ceremony will be held Aug. 4 at 10 a.m. at the Douglas A. Munro Headquarters Building in Washington, D.C.
3. U.S. Scott No. 5000: milestone or millstone?: The stamp that has been given this number will be revealed when the July 2015 update is published on July 4.
2. Free program offers both stamp inventory and album page creation: William Atkin created World Stamp Collector for his own collection, but has now made it available to others as a free download.
1. Coastal Birds press sheets sold out: Uncut press sheets with and without die cuts of the United States nondenominated (35¢) Coastal Birds stamps sold out in mid-June.
Keep up with all of Linns.com's news and insights by liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter. We're also on Instagram!
Editor's note: Metrics were measured between Friday, June 19, and 9:53 a.m. ET Friday, June 26.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
US StampsMar 30, 2023, 12 PM
Tomie dePaola stamp first-day ceremony details
US StampsMar 29, 2023, 6 PM
April cartoon caption contest heads to Florida Everglades
US StampsMar 29, 2023, 3 PM
American Philatelic Society team visits Dayton Stamp Club
World StampsMar 29, 2023, 12 PM
Spirited bidding for Czechoslovakia Butterfly panes in recent auction