Stolen stamps recovered, new Scott numbers assigned: Week's Most Read
By Joe O'Donnell
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in stamp-collecting insights and news.
Linn's Stamp News is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week.
Click the links to read the stories. Here they are, in reverse order:
5. Tip of the week: 1994 Ethiopia Simien Fox set of 20: Ethiopia stamps have a strong following in the United States and Europe.
4. Astute auction house helps in recovery of stolen stamps from the Miller collection: Where have these stamps been since thieves raided the Miller collection at the New York Public Library in 1977?
3. Scott editors assign new numbers to World Stamp Show, Ingrid Bergman, Spectrum Eagle coil stamps: The following Scott numbers have been assigned to United States stamps issued during the past month.
2. Mint plate blocks, mint panes of 2¢ Warren G. Harding elusive in marketplace: Harding was at the height of his vast popularity when he died suddenly on Aug. 2, 1923, while on a tour of the Western states.
1. Monday Morning Brief | Stolen items recovered: Linn’s Stamp News editorial director Donna Houseman talks about the recovery of a block of three 1845 5¢ New York Postmaster’s Provisional stamps taken in an infamous 1977 stamp heist.
Connect with Linn's Stamp News:
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
US StampsMay 19, 2022, 7 PM
World StampsMay 19, 2022, 4 PM
US StampsMay 18, 2022, 2 PM
Postal UpdatesMay 18, 2022, 12 PM