Stamp collecting with Mister Rogers: Week’s Most Read
By Colin Sallee
It’s time to catch up on the week that was in stamp-collecting insights and news.
Linn’s Stamp News is looking back at its five most-read stories of the week.
Click the links to read the stories.
5. Peace Rose ceremony at rose garden: The Gardens of the American Rose Center in Shreveport, La., will host the April 21 first-day ceremony for the U.S. Peace Rose forever stamp.
4. President Trump again comments on Amazon-U.S. Postal Service deal: President Donald Trump seems determined to undermine the United States Postal Service’s relationship with one of its biggest customers.
3. Burda sells rarest stamp in Czech philately: Auctioned for the first time in 90 years was the unique 4-koruna Austria Coat of Arms on granite paper with inverted black “POSTA CESKOSLOVENSKA 1919” overprint.
2. Are these stamps true errors or near misses?: A practiced eye aided by a magnifier will often tell you what you need to know — even if the news is not entirely welcome.
1. Bringing stamp collecting to the Mister Rogers neighborhood: The crowd consisted of stamp collectors; a significant number of local residents; stars, cast and crew of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood.
Connect with Linn’s Stamp News:
Sign up for our newsletter
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
World StampsJun 1, 2023, 12 PM
What’s new for 2024 Scott Standard Volume 3?
US StampsMay 31, 2023, 10 PM
Postal Service finalizes 2023 U.S. stamp program
Postal UpdatesMay 31, 2023, 6 PM
USPS board member Hajjar supportive of stamps, mail
AuctionsMay 31, 2023, 3 PM
Part 1 of extensive Kilgas China collection in June 14 Cherrystone auction