Support a Harmon Killebrew stamp and you could win a year's worth of root beer
By Joe O'Donnell
1. Frosty 'Brew
Minnesota-based Killebrew Root Beer is sweetening the pot for supporters of the movement to put the company's namesake, Minnesota Twins legendary slugger Harmon Killebrew, on a U.S. Postal Service stamp.
So far, the petition has 971 signatures. It has a listed goal of 10,000.
Read more about the push for a Killebrew stamp:
- Minnesota Twins want Harmon Killebrew on a U.S. stamp
- Push for stamp featuring Minnesota Twins great Harmon Killebrew continues
2. Who is Scott English?
"When his friend began talking about a job running the country’s biggest stamp organization, Scott English thought his friend wanted to know if he had any stamp collecting friends who might want the job.
"No, the friend said, he wanted English, a well-known South Carolina political operative who doesn’t collect stamps, to apply for the executive director’s job at the American Philatelic Society."
"Royal Mail will issue 10 stamps Aug. 18 featuring seven species of bees from different parts of the United Kingdom."
Read the top three stories of the last seven days:
- Postal Service IG criticizes creation, distribution of upright Jenny panes
- Dominican Republic invert errors are hot
- Upright $2 Jenny Invert is a learning experience
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
World StampsDec 5, 2023, 5 PM
US StampsDec 5, 2023, 1 PM
World StampsDec 4, 2023, 3 PM
US StampsDec 4, 2023, 1 PM