Explore the printing process of the Star Wars stamps from Great Britain
By Colin Sallee
1. From big screen to stamp press
In the midst of releasing a variety of Star Wars stamps, Royal Mail has provided a behind-the-scenes video that shows how the exciting stamps were produced.
The video also provides some insight into how the stamps were designed, and gives fans and collectors a look into how the stamps were printed: from the type of ink that's used, to the amount of paper that is needed.
2. Next Generation Delivery Vehicle to be next USPS mail truck?
“For an organization with longstanding financial troubles, the United States Postal Service has managed to attract a lot of attention with a proposed delivery truck it calls the NGDV.
“That’s the newest postal acronym for Next Generation Delivery Vehicle — a bigger, but not sleeker, delivery truck that the cash-strapped Postal Service wants to buy for residential deliveries.
“With the prospect of a $4.5 billion to $6 billion price tag, the USPS has Detroit’s truck industry salivating — despite the agency’s low credit rating.”
3. Four special Grosvenor sales set for Nov. 9-12
“Grosvenor Philatelic Auctions of London, England, is planning four specialized sales of stamps and postal history to celebrate the 100th Grosvenor auction.
“The 100th sale is taking place Nov. 9 and will feature part 2 of the Golden collection of Great Britain, offering issues of Queen Victoria and King Edward VII, including varieties and Official stamps.”
4. Connect with Linn's Stamp News
5. Hot topics
Have a quick look at the top three posts of the last couple of days on Linns.com:
- British designer highlights the essence of Star Wars stamp production
- Press sheets for A Charlie Brown Christmas sold out
- Newly discovered Vin Fiz cover increases total to nine; Spink to offer it during Nov. 18-19 New York auction
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
World StampsDec 6, 2023, 6 PM
US StampsDec 6, 2023, 3 PM
US StampsDec 6, 2023, 1 PM
World StampsDec 5, 2023, 5 PM